The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 sets out the responsibilities an employer has towards employees with regard to exposure levels in the workplace and requires him to:
- Ensure that the risk from exposure of employees to noise is either eliminated at source or, where this is not reasonably practicable, reduced to as low a level as is reasonably practicable.
- Make personal hearing protectors available to any employee who is exposed to noise at or above the lower exposure action value.
- Provide and enforce the use of personal hearing protectors to any employee who is exposed to noise at or above the upper exposure action value.
The lower exposure action value is 80 dB(A) LEP, d.
The upper exposure action value is 85 dB(A) LEP, d.
The exposure limit value is 87 dB(A).
Northburn Acoustics provide:
- Full workplace assessments
- advice and specifications for noise control measures